Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Down On My Knees

I have begun the new year seeking a closer relationship with the Savior. It has been such a wonderful experience to really focus on him and sincerely seek to make changes in my life. One thing has caught my attention; it's the practice of kneeling when I pray. Let me just say, I am lazy. I have been of the mind that it's okay to sit in my bed and say my prayer. I always said to myself, "at least I sit up" or "it really doesn't make that big a difference whether or not I kneel." Then today I had the thought. "How is it in my life that I seek to follow him with exactness and fail to do such a simple task?" I have asked him for so many things. I have pleaded with him for comfort and peace and yet....I am so stubborn about actually getting down on my knees.

I have thus added this simple act to the list of things I can change in my life to be closer to him. Some in the world would see this as a sign of subjugation or weakness. I would say that in fact it is a sign of spiritual strength and humility and even more so, a symbol of respect. It is, really, the least I can do.

1 comment:

Linda Lou said...

Thanks for the nudge. It is so true,and so simple yet so important.