Thursday, December 31, 2009

Frustration

I am torn between two worlds. It is a paradox of my own making and I take responsibility for it. I am perplexed as to how to live with other people who's ideas of daily life differ greatly from my own and what battles I should choose to fight. What began as a plan to keep the peace has turned into me feeling the need to fight for my normalcy.

One thing I have learned is that I am unprepared to deal with older children. I have to face the fact that what I expected and what is reality are very different. Now I am faced with the daunting task of trying to regain some equilibrium and keep some relationships. There are many changes that will have to take place in the days/weeks to come in order for the remainder of our experience to be successful and I only pray I am up to the task.

2 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

Sorry to hear things have been rough... keep in mind that the older ones you are dealing with come from a totally different world than yours and have a very different set of values, ideals, goals, etc... You ARE up to the task though, if anyone is, you are.

Linda Lou said...

Of course you're up to it! You're doing a great job.
Just remember that your own kids are learning what the rules will be for them too.

Good luck. At least you'll have some practice for when you need it for your own.

As you are only too aware I'm sure, first kids always get the brunt of that.