Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Moved to tears

Have you ever heard a song and sat in utter awe of the way it moved you? I love hearing something that makes me feel completely and utterly weak to the core with emotion. Do performers who are capable of evoking such strong reaction realize that there are many who sit in silence and ache with the desire to create within themselves what seems to flow so effortlessly from them? I wonder, does it come like tap water? I realize that hours of training are involved but when they open their mouths or pluck the strings, are they merely releasing what was placed in them from birth? Does the sound simply find it's way out? They seem to be the keepers of music, holding all of the sounds, notes and chords only to organize them at their whim. I used to feel envy for those with such talent but I have grown to appreciate them. Perhaps I am not gifted like they are but I have found a talent within myself, that of an appreciative listener. I would wager that perhaps the appreciation would be reciprocated.

No comments: