Thursday, July 26, 2007

Kind words

I had two missionaries of another faith come to my home this morning. I don't know what faith they respresented but I was moved by their message. The woman was very kind in sharing some uplifting thoughts about what she believed and although I opted not to read her material, I let her know I appreciated her kind words. I was particularly impressed by the fact that she was there not to convince me that what I believe is incorrect but that she sincerely wanted to share what she believed because she was truly devoted to it. I am glad to know that there are people in the world who are interested in sharing what they believe in a kind way and are happy to know that it's alright that we agree to disagree. Isn't that what this country is all about?

No comments: