Monday, December 20, 2010

Recipe for the Holidays

It's amazing that Christmas is THIS WEEK! I'm amazed that an entire year has passed.
I spent the weekend cleaning and preparing for family coming in to spend the holidays. My next item on the old to-do list is prepare the traditional family devotional for Christmas Eve. In the past I have always used the outline my mother used when I was growing up but I've decided to tweak it this year. I just thought I'd find out how your families read or celebrate the story of the nativity. I love it when I come across a great idea from someone else.

As for tonight, I'm off to make some stuffed mushrooms for the family Christmas party. Here's the recipe below, they are simple and if you like mushrooms (I don't but my hubby and his family do) you'll think these are great.

Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

1 tube Jimmy Dean Sage sausage
1 8 oz brick cream cheese (can use low fat/fat free)
20 button mushroom, cleaned and stemmed

Instructions:
Cook sausage according to package directions. Drain. Add room temperature cream cheese to sausage until fully mixed together. Stuff mixture into mushroom caps and place on microwave safe platter. (mushrooms can be kept in the refrigerator for several hours until ready to cook/serve) Microwave stuffed mushrooms until cheese is soft and edges bubble slightly. Serve warm.

Enjoy!

No comments: