Thursday, April 1, 2010

Get Away Oath

I'm off to sunny Arizona this weekend, going to visit my sister. Between the economy and our weather, I need either medication or a good dose of sun. Sun is cheaper.

I will now take the "get away oath"; "I (Lula Mae) do solemnly swear that I will not squander my brief vacation. I will begin/read at least one novel of my choosing and stay up late talking with my sister about topics ranging from the benign to life changing. I will take pictures! I will give extra hugs to my children and twirl at least one child in a circle on any day(s) that may inspire such behavior. I will see something new. I will thank God each night for the blessings of family, distraction and the beauty of the earth."

4 comments:

Colette said...

Very well said... I love it! I think I'll take your oath too! :) Thanks for dinner last night, we all had a ball and can't wait to see you this weekend!

Sermons of the Day said...

Have fun!!! Wish I could go.

Megan said...

I hope I can live up to your expectations. I can tell you that the weather certainly won't let you down and for sure you'll see things you've never seen before.

Excited to see you and the kids!

Linda Lou said...

You go girl! Have fun with the fam and relax!! There is something about sunshine in April that just makes you smile.