Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Advantage; Age!

So my Belgian found some pictures of me in high school which led to a discussion about boyfriends and dating. When I told him that my boyfriend in my Junior year of High School dumped me, he nonchalantly said "so you lost".

With great effort to remain calm, I said simply; "That's interesting, you don't know anything about him and you automatically think I lost".

"Well, yeah."

"Really? You are such a male chauvinist! He was cheating on me. He was a jerk and he was frustrated because I wouldn't have sex with him. But because he dumped me, I'm the loser? Nice."

Or, the discussion we had about the fact that I was in my Senior year of high school when he was born. His response; "Wow, you're old!" (I won't totally throw him under the bus, he was smiling when he said it.)
My response; "I know, it's amazing I'm still alive."

These conversations made me think how grateful I am for my parents willingness to let me live. I'm not sure how you get through parenthood without wanting to strangle your child then they say dumb*** stuff like this! (And I know I said a lot of stupid stuff.)

I don't know what's worse, listening to stupid comments or realizing you made a few too many yourself. Ugh.

3 comments:

Sermons of the Day said...

I think it showes what a dumd *** he is and he has no idea how life works.:)

Linda Lou said...

Thanks. I'm glad your broke up. You had a world-class eye roll technique. And finally, I'm sure that I said things that made you roll your eyes!


Good luck with this part of life where you live between wanting to put them out of their misery for their own sakes, and laughing yourself sick at some of the things that come out of their mouths.

joey said...

check out my blog http://wwwskiing-world-wide-joey.blogspot.com/