Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Love a Parade '09!

If you scroll down this page you'll see the countdown calendar I've had going for almost a year. It's down to almost two weeks and for those of you who want to know- we're up to 83 entries (despite my great efforts to keep it below 80). I actually had a woman call the Mayor's office to go around me and get in. (She's 2nd to last in the line-up. And yes, I'm smiling about that.)
I've got:
3 marching bands,
one horse-drawn band on a wagon,
4 stilt walkers,
5 clowns,
4 balloon artists,
one Cinderella (in a full-on glass pumpkin coach),
4 fire trucks,
2 ambulances,
35 motorcycles,
1 full size airplane (on a flat bed trailer)

Of course there's more but the rest are dance/cheer clubs and some performing groups and then the boring small business entries (gotta have 'em)
Oh-almost forgot I have a wild-west shoot out show and an extreme martial arts group for pre-parade.

So everyone keep me in your prayers that things go smoothly. It's gonna be another great parade!

1 comment:

Linda Lou said...

You are on our prayers, but remember that nothing could be as eventful as last year!

Good luck. We're counting with you.