Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cringe Worthy Moments


Do you ever find yourself having a flashback of some stupid moment from your past? I think I have had more of these in the last few months than ever before. I've been thinking about the time I fell down at a track meet in elementary school and did the whole damsel in distress bit because I was losing the race. The time in the third grade that I farted in front of Shane, the cute boy, and totally got laughed at. The time a date asked me if I liked Billie Holiday and I said, "Yeah, I love HIM." (Even though I really did know Billie Holiday was a woman, I have to say that to validate myself because I still cringe when I think about the look on his face.) The list goes on and on! I am really quite sure that everyone else has these moments and I thought the best therapy for ridding myself of the "cringe" was to just share my shame with the world.

Now that I've exposed my stupidity, I'm hoping you'll do the same. Go on, tell us your cringe-worthy moment!

4 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

I think I shared this on my blog once, so why not put it out for the world to see again? I was in college, in DC with a Kyle and Patrice for a school/professional convention. We were riding the elevator to the Metro station and I had just downed a very large drink. The change in altitude caused my bladder to let loose and I wet my skirt... a lot... There was another man in the elevator with us--I am quite sure he was even more horrified than I was, which was VERY.

Jennifer said...

Oh you are both so brave to share such stories! :) I totally remember Shane! I wonder whatever happened to him? After Emma was born a coworker (Dave) was playing with her. He is real sweet with babies, as is his Cambodian wife (Mi). So, I told him, "you and Mi should have a baby sometime." It sounded horrific! I said this at work, and I work at a Christian organization! Everyone thought it was hilarious and the story made it's way to the president of the company. Then there was the time I thought there was a racoon in my fireplace. I called a male coworker to come help me get it out (after I called the division of wildlife who told me it was best - and cheaper - to try and trap it myself - Brian was on a business trip in Texas). I was so freaked I had my two young children strapped in their carseats in the car so they wouldn't get attacked by the racoon. Turned out to be a huge bumblebee. It's snout looked like a claw! EMBARRASSING!

Megan said...

I have a serious cringe-inducing moment. I'm still embarrassed by it. I was on a group date with my boyfriend in college and had to use the restroom. I asked one of the girls in the group if I could go back to her apartment and use the restroom. When I went into the restroom I saw that there was a pile of q-tips on the toilet but didn't think anything of it. After I had taken care of business I flushed the toilet and apparently it was clogged with q-tips. The toilet flooded. I ran into the hall and opened closests until I found a mop and cleaned up the mess. My boyfriend came to find me and see what I was up to because I took so long. So embarrassing.

Linda Lou said...

I have the best- or worst one.

When I used to help with pageants I was helping with the Miss ISU pageant and was working backstage for a while.

Miss Idaho, who was on the other side of the stage was late getting on to the stage so I made a beeline across the back of the stage to get her.

I was not familiar with the stage set up and when I ran behind the curtains to get to the other side I found myself coming to a screeching stop in the middle of the stage in front of the backdrop. I had come through the opening of the side curtains instead of going behind the back full drape. I stopped in full race mode, in my own evening gown, and looked at the audience and they all laughed!!

I have to say , one of my finer moments.