Monday, March 28, 2011

Hair Bread

I decided to make bread yesterday. I have a wheat grinder and I grind a few cups of fresh wheat flour when I make the bread. Yesterday my daughter was checking out the machine because it makes a distinct whirring noise that she found quite interesting. Despite my asking her to stay away from the machine, she lowered her head to hear the sound better allowing her hair to hang down just enough to get sucked through the slats into the internal fan. Within a split second, it grabbed her hair and wound it into a tight ball. It took just a moment for me to realize what was happening and I quickly turned off the machine.

She was STUCk!

I knew there was no way I was going to get her hair out without taking scissors to it and so, well, here's what became of that.



She wasn't hurt, a little scared, but suprisingly enough you can't really tell she's missing any hair. If I hadn't gotten the grinder stopped as fast as I did she would probably have a bald spot. I hate it when my kids have to learn things the hard way.

The unintended reprecussion of this story is that even though I didn't use the flour that was in the grinder bin, somehow I ended up with hair in my bread dough. We are refering to the three loaves affectionately as "hair bread" and while we've only found one strand it's become a bit of a fear factor thing to eat it.

I dare you to come over for a slice.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, that story is disturbingly funny. I am so sorry that she got her hair stuck and you had to cut it! But I love the way you write about it. :)

Sermons of the Day said...

It sound like that bread has a little extra in it. Yum!!!

Wawa said...

I've been trying to get the courage to cut my hair- I simply can't do it!