Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Keepers of Good

Hmmm, haven't I been naughty! I apologize dear readers but take comfort in my consistently sporadic nature. I am an enigma.

Anyhoo... Just thought I'd share a great thought from a talk I heard a few weeks back. Emily Freeman, author of "The Ten Virgins", "The Promise of Enough" and several others came to speak with our young women and she referenced a scripture I had never heard before. Titus Chapter 2, verses 3-4: "The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness,...teachers of good things. That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home..."

I would happily place myself in the category of "aged women" simply because I know aged women are smart. But since I still have a ways to go in the "aged" department, this reference mostly made me wonder, what am I teaching my children to "keep"? What things am I telling my children, through example or word, to tuck safely into their intellectual reference libraries for use in later life? Here's hoping I have placed importance on important things.

1 comment:

Lisa R.D. said...

Great thought! Thanks for sharing it with us!